Jagadguru Swami Sathyananda Saraswathiji Maharaj - (Guruji)
Spiritual Successor of Brahmasree Neelakanta Gurupadar. Founder Of All Our Ashrams And Organisations.
Born: 22nd September 1935 in Andurkonam village, near Thiruvananthapuram in Kerala. Punartham Nakshatra. Kanni Masam.
Mahasamadhi: 24th November 2006
The Hero Of God
A short biography of Guruji written by His disciple, Swami Dayananda Saraswathi. Published by INSPIRES, Ramagiri.
- Founded Sree Rama Dasa Mission in 1970
- Founded Sree Rama Dasa Mission Universal Society in 1981
- Founded Shree Ramadasa Mission Universal Society Medical Mission in 1983
- Founded Maithili Mahila Mandal (Women's Wing)
- Founded Balaprapancham (Children's Wing)
- Founded Young Men’s Hindu Association
- Founded Hindu Aikya Vedi (Hindu Unity Forum)
- Created Kutumba Samithi concept
- Founded Punnyabhoomi International Daily (newspaper)
- Founded Sree Rama Charitable Trust
- Founded Manishi Herbal Research Foundation for Ayurvedic research
- Created 700 crore Harivarasana Project for Sabarimala which was approved by the Government
- Spearheaded Nileckil Agitation to protect Sabarimala
- Organized meetings and processions all over Kerala to protest against mutilation of idols at Palukachimala.
- Organized Acharya Sameeksha and Jyothi Prayanam in 1985. He organized massive All India Sanyasi Sammelans in 1985 and 1995
- Was executive member of Kendriya Marg Darshak Mandal and Rama Janmabhoomi Nyas Manch (organization for reconstruction of Sree Rama Mandir at Ayodhya)
- Conducted Shata Koti Archana (100 Crore or 1 Billion Chants);of Lalitha Sahasranam Mantra for world peace. His disciple H H Swami Krishnananda Saraswathi brought 501 lamps, unextinguished, from Teerthas and temples all over India for this event, and for the first time in Railway History rented an entire train to bring 2000 Maharashtrians to Kerala to participate in it
- Conducted Dwishatkoti Archana (200 Crore or 2 Billion chants) of Lord Shiva and Lord Dattatreya near Pune
- Led Indian Delegation at UN World Peace Summit for Elimination of Poverty
- Patron Saint of Kerala Hindus of North America
- Delivered keynote address at World Hindu Conference in Trinidad and Tobago
- Conducted tours all over India and countries like USA, Canada, Singapore, Switzerland, Malayasia, Trinidad and Tobago, Guyana and Surinam to spread His Guru's message of Universal Brotherhood
- Started a publishing wing called International Society for the Propagation of Indian Religion and Epic Studies (INSPIRES)
- Created Project HARI (Hindu Arshic Renaissance International) for an international organization of Hindus with a World Supreme Hindu Parliament (WORSHIP) and Hindu Economic Liberty Promoters (HELP) and all other aspects
- Renovated and constructed thousands of Hindu temples all over Kerala.
- Spread the chanting of the Lalitha Sahasranam Mantra amongst all Hindus, including ladies.
- Worked amongst the Harijans for all round development and constructed numerous temples for them. He was considered by them as their Guru.
- Established schools in different parts of India.
- Directed the establishment of Ashrams all over Kerala, in Maharashtra, Karnataka and Uttar Pradesh through His seniormost disciple, H. H. Swami Krishnananda Saraswathi.
- Promoted the ideal of World Is One Family